Case/ Care Management Referrals • Legal Services • Counseling • Domestic Violence Hotline • Sexual Assault Hotline • Financial Assistance • Victim Services
Crime Victims Assistance offers the following services:
- The Illinois Crime Victim Compensation Program: provides direct financial assistance to innocent victims of violent crime to reimburse out-of-pocket expenses related to the crime.
- The Domestic Violence Fund: provides funding for legal advocacy, legal assistance, and legal services to victims of domestic violence who are or have been married or in a civil union. Any public or private not-for-profit agency that provides services to victims of domestic violence may apply to the Illinois Attorney General for funding from the Domestic Violence Fund.
- The Violent Crime Victim Assistance (VCVA) Program: provides grants to victim and witness assistance programs throughout the state. Here, individuals will find links to the Quarterly Report, Eligibility Requirements, List of Grantees, RFP Information, and Application Kits.
- The Automated Victim Notification (AVN) System: allows crime victims throughout Illinois to obtain timely and reliable information about criminal cases and the custody status of offenders 24 hours a day via telephone, Web, or e-mail.
- The Statewide Victim Assistance Program: provides services to crime victims and witnesses whose cases are prosecuted by the Office of the Attorney General, including Sexually Violent Persons petitions. The program is also available to the 102 state’s attorneys across Illinois.
- This service is free
How to Apply
Please call 1-800-228-3368 anytime for assistance, or for additional questions.