Counseling • Psychiatry • Family Counseling
The Kedzie Center offers counseling services for individuals and families. Brief therapy and long term counseling are available. Areas of concern may include emotional distress, relationship issues, work or employment stress, grief and loss, major life transitions, adjustment issues, behavior problems, acculturative stress, and exposure to trauma, abuse or violence.
Psychiatry services, including medication prescription, medication management, and general psychiatric assessment, are available to clients referred by a Kedzie Center counselor. Adult psychiatry services are available 3 days per month: child and adolescent psychiatry services are available 3 days per month. The child and adolescent psychiatrist is bilingual and may be able to translate for the adult psychiatrist.
- For residents of North River Expanded Mental Health Services Program service area, including parts of Albany Park, North Park,and Irving Park.
- Individual counseling is available to clients ages 5 and older. Family therapy may incorporate children under 5.
- The Kedzie Center does not provide psychiatric diagnostic assessment or testing (e.g., for ADD and ADHD).
- Insured patients will be billed for any co-pays. Uninsured and undocumented clients receive services at no cost.
- The Kedzie Center accepts the following insurance plans:
- Aetna Better Health MCO
- Aetna PPO
- AmBetter MCO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Community Options MCO
- Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
- Cigna PPO
- Illinois Medicaid with medical card
- Illinois Medicare Part B
- This service is free
- Medicaid accepted
- Medicare accepted
- Private insurance accepted
How to Apply
Before calling to schedule an appointment, please refer to the service area map to ensure you are within the service area.To make an appointment, call 773-754-0577. You will need to provide basic personal information, including your home address, to verify eligibility. If you are insured, your insurance will be verified. Your information will be forwarded to an intake coordinator, who will contact you in 24-48 hours to complete a phone screening and tell you how to schedule an appointment. Please bring a photo ID and insurance card (if applicable).
There is generally a wait list of 2-3 weeks or more. If you have an urgent need for services, staff will try to accommodate you or can refer you to alternate treatment.