Group Therapy • Anger Management • Individual Therapy • Group Counseling • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
The Anger Management program at HAS offers gender specific group and individual counseling for both men and women. Using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy anger management strategies, counselors help participants understand their emotions and cope with them in a healthy manner.
The program meets local court protocols, is approved by Cook County Court Social Services, and is also accepted in nearby county court systems. Although participation is voluntary, individuals may fulfill a court mandate by successfully completing this program. The 18 hour program consists of:
- Eight 2-hour group sessions
- Individual intake and exit sessions
- Individualized “Anger Management Plan”
- Certificate awarded upon successful completion
- Youth 16 years or older, who are emancipated, or youth dealing with adult issues may also be accepted into the program.
- Self-pay is available on a sliding fee scale (based on one’s ability to pay). The lowest fee someone may pay out of pocket is $30 a session.
- No insurance covers these services.
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Teens accepted
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Self referrals and court referrals are accepted. Individuals can call 733-252-3100 to begin the intake process. During the first meeting, please bring proof of income or unemployment (a letter from family or a case worker will suffice).