Medical Detox • Detox • Substance Use Treatment
The Medically Monitored Women's Detoxification Program offers a 16-bed unit managed 24 hours a day by medical staff. The program is designed to safely manage withdrawal symptoms through the use of buprenorphine or other medications. The average stay is 3 to 7 days. Length of stay is determined by a variety of factors, including the severity of withdrawal symptoms, type of substance, and frequency, length, and method of substance use.
- Interpreters Available
- Must have consumed alcohol or drugs within the past 72 hours and/or every day within the last 2 weeks.
- Must be experiencing withdrawal symptoms.
- Accepted insurance plans include Blue Cross Blue Shield, Harmony, IlliniCare, Medicaid, and Meridian. Your insurance benefits will be verified prior to intake.
- Uninsured clients may be eligible for funding through DASA. Please call to inquire.
- Women who are pregnant and/or use intravenous (IV) drugs receive priority in admission.
- Medicaid accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Accepts women
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Walk ins are accepted, but it is suggested that you call ahead to confirm bed availability and verify your insurance benefits. Call the central intake line at 312-226-7984 x480 for an eligibility screening and to schedule an appointment. Please bring the following:
- Photo ID
- Insurance card (if applicable)
- Any medications you are currently taking
- 3 changes of clothes
- 1 pair of pajamas and slippers
- Toiletries (no nail clippers, scissors, cotton swabs, or alcohol-based products permitted)
- If you smoke, you may bring cigarettes, but lighters are not permitted.
The intake process includes a comprehensive needs assessment and health screening. There are generally beds available. No wait list is maintained when at capacity, so if there are no beds available, please check back soon as there is high turnover. For more information about the program, call 312-226-7984 x368.