Family Counseling • Group Therapy • Violence Intervention • Anger Management • Dialectical Behavior Therapy • Domestic Violence
Family Counseling Services offers a wide range of group program to serve clients who are perpetrators of domestic violence and other situations where violence is employed against another individual. Most groups are held during convenient daytime and evening hours, as well as Saturdays, except where noted. The following groups are offered on a regular basis:
- Men, Anger, Recovery & Support (MARS): A 26-week treatment program for men who struggle to stop controlling and/or abusive behaviors in their relationships. Participants can be self-referred or court-ordered.(Bi-lingual)
- Female Anger Intervention & Recovery (FAIR): A 26-week treatment program for women who struggle to stop controlling and/or abusive behaviors in their relationships. Participants can be self-referred or court-ordered. (Bi-lingual)
- Adult Anger Management: A co-educational group intended to help adult (age 18 and older) participants increase empathy, decrease stress, and improve communication and listening skills.
- Teen Anger Management: A co-educational group intended to help teen (age 12-17) participants increase empathy, decrease stress, and improve communication and listening skills
- Adult Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): A co-educational group for adults (age 18 and older) who have difficulty regulating their emotions, causing reactive and often self-destructive behavior in their personal and professional lives. This group meets weekly on Tuesday evenings from 6:00-7:00p.m.
- Teen Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT): A co-educational group for teens/adolescents (age 12-17) who have difficulty regulating their emotions. These struggles can lead to self-destructive patterns in relationships, school, and work life. This group meets weekly on Wednesdays from 5:00pm to 6:00pm.
- Substance Abuse: This group is for clients with DUI evaluations of moderate or significant or high risk, as well as clients seeking substance abuse treatment.
Agency has met all criteria for approval for domestic violence treatment services from the Illinois Department of Human Services.
-Self-pay or sliding scale fee
- Persons older than 60 may be able to receive services for free under agency's "Older Adult Grant".
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Private insurance accepted
- Accepts men
- Teens accepted
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Call general intake 630-844-8220 during agency intake hours, M-F 8:30am-4:30pm. Sliding Fee Scale also available to those without insurance or underinsured. Based upon referral, client will be directed to most appropriate group at Family Counseling Service. Generally clients are referred by DCFS, the courts, social service agency or self.