12 Step • Sober Living • Addiction • Substance Use • Counseling
The Way Back Inn offers housing and support for men recovering from addiction. The overall goal of the residential extended care program is to help clients begin and develop a sober life.
Clients receive between five to nine hours of clinical services weekly.
There are also special programs that assist with time management, employment, budgeting, and obtaining a GED if needed.
Upon completion of the residential extended care program the client may apply to live in one of the recovery homes. This allows the client to transition to independent living.
Residents must obtain employment within the first 30 days They also must find a sponsor and actively work on recovery with them at least 2 hours a week. Residents generally stay 90-120 days, after which they may transition into 3/4 and independent housing. Residents with a dual diagnosis may stay up to six months.
-Must meet the following criteria:
- Diagnostic criteria for Psychoactive Substance Use Disorder and/or
- Compulsive Gambling as defined in the current Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM-IV R).
- Successful completion of a chemical dependency residential program.
- No biomedical problems that would interfere with residential treatment.
- Medical doctor approval.
- Maintain or willing to maintain full-time employment.
- No history of chronic violent behavior. A mental health evaluation.
- Cost is $500/month. Rent includes: bed, food, and all clinical counseling. Payment program is available upon request.
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Medicaid accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Accepts men
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Call 708-345-8422 for a phone screening and to schedule an in person intake at the Maywood location. Please bring the following:
-Information from current treatment provider, if applicable
Wait list may apply.