Counseling • Group Therapy • Relapse Prevention • Substance Use
The Chicago Central Adult Rehabilitation Center is a spiritually-based rehabilitation program providing alcohol and drug addiction treatment. The facility houses up to 40 women at a time. Residents stay in the program for six months to a year. The first six months focus on gaining the skills needed to attain and maintain sobriety, with the remainder of the program developing job readiness, relationship, and other life skills. Services include alcohol and drug education, counseling, and 12 step support groups. Spiritual growth, including Bible study, chapel services, and religious counseling, is a key component of the program. All residents participate in work therapy, working full time (unpaid) either on site or at the Salvation Army thrift store in Lincoln Park.
- May not be taking any of the following medications: benzodiazepine, first generation antipsychotics (e.g., Haldol), psychostimulants (e.g., Adderall). Clients on benzodiazepine must go through detox before being admitted to the program.
- The program is unable to accommodate clients with prior convictions for arson or sexually related offenses requiring registration (i.e., registered sex offenders).
- Must have a LINK card. All residents contribute $194 per month from their LINK card for food costs.
- Must be willing and able to work full time.
- Transgender women are welcome.
- This service is free
- Accepts women
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Call 773-477-1771 to complete a brief eligibility screening. If you are eligible and a bed is available, you will be scheduled for intake. Intake is available Monday through Friday from 7:30am until 3:00pm. There is not generally a wait list. Please bring the following for intake:
- photo ID (requested)
- Social Security card (requested)
- 30 day supply of any needed medication (required)
Clothing and other necessities are provided: you do not need to bring them with you.