Individual Counseling • Family Education • Family Support • Medication Management • Mental Health • Psychiatry • Inpatient Mental Health
At Northwestern Memorial’s Stone Institute of Psychiatry, the clinical team provides skilled and empathetic care to the individual patient while addressing the full spectrum of mental health needs. The new 29-bed inpatient unit in the heart of the medical campus supports a contemporary approach to psychiatric care in the hospital setting.
Physicians and researchers work together so that patients have the benefit of clinical innovation influenced by leading-edge research in the treatment of a range of disorders, including:
- Depression and other mood disorders
- Schizophrenia and other psychotic disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Drug and alcohol abuse
- Mental conditions unique to women
- Adolescent behavioral health
- The dual diagnosis and treatment of mental illness with addiction
Treatment for adolescents ages 13 to 22 is available at the Stone Institute’s Warren Wright Adolescent Center.
- Eligibility is determined by medical professionals.
- No Medicaid managed care (HMO) plans are accepted.
- Medicaid accepted
- Medicare accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Clients cannot admit themselves to the Inpatient Unit but may be referred by a Northwestern Memorial physician or by psychiatric staff at the Northwestern Memorial hospital Emergency Department. Call 312-926-8100 (Available 24 hours, 7 days a week).
Wait list for outpatient services applies, call 312-695-5060 and press 1 to speak with a patient access coordinator.
- Photo ID
- Insurance information
Chicago, IL 60611