Psychiatric Rehabilitation • Mental Health • Dual Diagnosis
MADO Healthcare Old Town (formerly Margaret Manor Central) is a Specialized Mental Health Rehabilitation Facility (SMHRF) providing residential care for adults with serious mental illness. Services include:
- 24/7 psychiatric and physical health services
- Dual recovery for those with co-occurring mental illness and substance use disorder
- Individual counseling
- Group therapy
- Support groups, such as anger management, stress management, coping skills, and psychoeducation
- Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP)
- Illness Management and Recovery (IMR)
- Peer support
- Care management
- Workforce recovery program
- Recreational opportunities
The facility offers lounge rooms and a private courtyard. All meals are provided daily and served cafeteria style.
- For residents needing psychiatric treatment and care only.
- MADO is unable to accept those with mobility limitations, those with significant physical health needs, and registered sex offenders.
- Must be a Medicaid Integrated Care Plan recipient, dually eligible Medicaid and Medicare recipient, or private pay client.
- MADO accepts most Medicaid MCO plans, including: Aetna Better Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna Healthspring, County Care, Community Care Alliance of Illinois (CCAI), Family Health Network, Harmony, Humana, Illinicare, Meridian, Molina, and Next Level Health. Straight Medicaid is also accepted.
- Medicaid accepted
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Patients are generally referred by a hospital social worker. To make a referral, submit a Referral Packet via fax (312-488-3683) with the following documentation:
-Cover letter, including patient's contact information
-Demographic sheet with patient’s date of birth, Social Security card, and Medicaid RIN
-Current psychological evaluation, including Axis I mental health diagnosis
-Current medication list
-Health history and physical
-Toxicology screening, if possible
-Other documentation as applicable (e.g., power of attorney, guardianship, parole, progress notes)
Staff will verify receipt of the packet. Admissions staff will then review the paperwork, verify Medicaid coverage, and run a background check before contacting the prospective patient to schedule an interview. Interviews are generally conducted during normal business hours (weekdays 9:00am-5:00pm). Follow up with the hospital or other provider is conducted as needed to verify information. If the prospective patient is admitted to the facility, a bed will be held until the patient is discharged from the hospital. There are generally beds available. Patients may transfer between the Buena Park, Douglas Park, and Old Town facilities as long as there are beds available.
Call 312-617-4535 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.