Autism • Mental Illness • Partial Hospitalization • Outpatient • Substance Use • Dialectical Behavior Therapy
Streamwood Behavioral Healthcare System provides therapeutic services that meet the ever-changing emotional and behavioral healthcare needs of children, adolescents, and young adults.
Programs and services include:
- Inpatient stabilization: short-term intensive treatment for children, young adults, adolescent males, and adolescent females. Specialized services for youth on the autism spectrum are available.
- Partial Hospitalization: short-term intensive outpatient program to supplement outpatient therapy or ease the transition from an inpatient program to the community.
- Therapeutic Day School: Special education and therapeutic services for grades 3-12
- Outpatient Services: includes psychiatric evaluation, individual and family therapy, support groups, and medication management.
- Inpatient stabilization programs serve ages 3 to 50.
- The partial hospitalization program serves ages 4 to 17.
- Therapeutic day school accepts students ages 8-21, in grades 3-12.
- Financial assistance is available to qualifying patients. Uninsured patients may qualify for an uninsured discount. Call (800) 272-7790 ext 4275 for more information from a financial counselor.
- Private insurance accepted
- Children accepted
- Teens accepted
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Call (630) 837-9000 or (800) 272-7790 and ask for the Assessment and Referral Department to complete an initial screening. If a complete assessment is deemed necessary, appointments can be scheduled over the phone. Assessments can also be completed in person on a walk-in basis. Treatment recommendations and referral to services at SBHS or elsewhere will be provided following the assessment. Allow at least one hour to complete the assessment.
Social service providers needing to make a referral should call (630) 540-3700 or (800)-272-7790 and should obtain a release of information from the child's parent or caregiver prior to calling.