Medical Detox • Detox • Methadone
Southwood's Detox program offers 24/7 medical assistance to monitor and manage withdrawal symptoms associated with alcohol and opioid withdrawal. Methadone is administered as needed to reduce symptoms. The program is a 7 day detox.
-State funding may be available through DASA for individuals without insurance.
-The following insurance plans are accepted: Aetna Better Health, County Care, IlliniCare, Meridian, Molina, Next Level Health.
- Medicaid accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Walk ins are accepted, but it is preferred that you call ahead to confirm insurance benefits and bed availability. Call 773-737-4600 to schedule an intake appointment. Walk ins are accepted for intake Monday through Saturday and must arrive no later than 8:00am.
During intake, you will meet with an intake counselor, doctor, and nurse. There is sometimes a wait list for services, but you should be prepared to be admitted following your intake appointment. You must bring the following:
- Driver's license, state ID, birth certificate, or passport
- Insurance card, if applicable
- Several changes of clothes
- Prescription medications (in original containers), if applicable
- If you are a smoker, you may bring cigarettes with you as long as the packs have not been opened.