Medical Care • Social Services • Respite Care • Hospice Care • Mental Health • Residential Treatment • Psychiatry • Skilled Nursing
MADO Healthcare Uptown, formerly known as St. Martha Manor, is a 132 bed skilled nursing facility providing nursing care, rehabilitation, and psychiatric treatment for residents with serious mental illness. Services include:
- 24 hour on call physician
- 24 hour nursing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Group and individual counseling
- Case management
- Discharge planning
- Recreation rooms
- Lounge/day rooms
- Dining room providing 3 meals daily
- Enclosed garden
- In house laundry service
- Central air conditioning
- Married couple accommodations
- Free parking
- Pet friendly
- Outdoor smoking area
The facility is wheelchair accessible and semi-private. Private rooms may be available depending on resident need.
- Must have a primary physical health condition requiring nursing care and a secondary mental health condition.
- Must be a Medicaid Integrated Care Plan recipient, dually eligible Medicaid and Medicare recipient, or private pay client.
- MADO accepts most Medicaid MCO plans, including: Aetna Better Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Cigna Healthspring, County Care, Community Care Alliance of Illinois (CCAI), Family Health Network, Harmony, Humana, Illinicare, Meridian, Molina, and Next Level Health. Straight Medicaid is also accepted.
- MADO Uptown is unable to accept registered sex offenders.
- Medicaid accepted
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Patients are generally referred by a hospital social worker. To make a referral, submit a Referral Packet via fax 773-769-4621) with the following documentation:
-Cover letter, including patient's contact information
-Demographic sheet with patient’s date of birth, Social Security card, and Medicaid RIN
-Current psychological evaluation, including Axis I mental health diagnosis
-Current medication list
-Health history and physical
-Toxicology screening, if possible
-Other documentation as applicable (e.g., power of attorney, guardianship, parole, progress notes)
Staff will verify receipt of the packet. Admissions staff will then review the paperwork, verify Medicaid coverage, and run a background check before contacting the prospective patient to schedule an interview. Interviews are generally conducted during normal business hours (weekdays 9:00am-5:00pm). Follow up with the hospital or other provider is conducted as needed to verify information. If the prospective patient is admitted to the facility, a bed will be held until the patient is discharged from the hospital. There are generally beds available. Call 773-784-2300 or email email@example.com for more information.