Mental Health • Behavioral Health • Psychiatry
Inpatient psychiatric care units are supported by an array of treatment programs. Staff conduct assessments of each patient prior to admission, and work closely with the staff to align patients with doctors that specialize in the necessary areas of expertise. Once patients are admitted, they receive 24-hour care and treatment in a secure environment. Services include counseling and medication management. The program provides short term treatment, with patients generally staying 7 to 10 days. For more information, call 773-854-5320.
- Interpreters Available
- For adults age 21 and over.
- Clients with developmental disabilities, autism spectrum disorders, mobility limitation, or severe medical conditions cannot be accommodated.
- Medicaid accepted
- Medicare accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Walk in to the hospital crisis center (ER) for an intake assessment. Please bring the following documentation:
- Petition for involuntary commitment
- Referral from your doctor or social worker, if applicable
- Health history and physical exam
- Photo ID
- Insurance information or medical card
If you are transferring from a group home or nursing home, call the intake department at 773-854-5028. Staff must provide your records, including lab work, to determine if the program is appropriate for you.
There is generally no wait list, as open beds are almost always available.
Most insurance plans are accepted, with the exception of Healthspring. Click here for detailed insurance information . Financial assistance is available to those who qualify.