Emergency Shelter • Domestic Violence Housing • Case Management • Hotline • Safety Planning • Individual Counseling • Group Counseling • Legal Advocacy • Life Skills • Domestic Violence • Crisis Intervention
Greenhouse Shelter is a 24/7/365 shelter for abused women and their children. The shelter provides core domestic violence services including:
- 24-hour crisis phone line (hotline)
- individual and group counseling for women and children
- safety planning
- court advocacy
- life skills development
- referral to appropriate community services
- Greenhouse Shelter accepts female victims of intimate partner violence and their children, including male children up to age 18.
- The maximum length of stay at the shelter is 120 days.
- Residents must abide by shelter policies, including weekly chores.
- Greenhouse is a communal living shelter. Women and their children are not guaranteed a private room.
- This service is free
- Accepts women
How to Apply
Call the 24-hour hotline 773-278-4566 to speak to a counselor. If there is currently space in the shelter, intake will be completed over the phone.
The shelter frequently operates at capacity , and no wait list is kept. If the shelter is full, keep calling to inquire about openings. You can also call the Illinois domestic Violence Hotline toll-free at 877-863-6338(TTY 877-863-6339) to be referred to another shelter.