Relapse Prevention • Counseling • Group Therapy • Substance Use Treatment
The Chicago Central Adult Rehabilitation Center is a spiritually-based rehabilitation program providing alcohol and drug addiction treatment.
Clients receive group and individual counseling, and access to a variety of substance use support groups and life skills training. As part of the program, clients participate in work therapy, working full time (unpaid) either on site or at the Salvation Army thrift store in Lincoln Park.
- May not be taking any of the following medications: benzodiazepine, first generation antipsychotics (e.g., Haldol), psychostimulants (e.g., Adderall). Clients on benzodiazepine must go through detox before being admitted to the program.
- The program is unable to accommodate clients with prior convictions for arson or sexually related offenses requiring registration (i.e., registered sex offenders).
- Link card is good, otherwise staff will help you with obtaining one.
- Must be willing and able to lift 40 pounds and walk 4 flights of stairs.
- This service is free
- Accepts men
- Adults accepted
How to Apply
Referrals are accepted but not required. Call 312-738-4367 to complete a brief eligibility screening. If you are eligible and a bed is available, you will be scheduled for intake. Intake is available Monday through Thursday from 8:00am until 8:00pm, Friday 7:30am-4:00pm. There is not generally a wait list. Please bring the following for intake:
- photo ID (requested)
- Social Security card (requested)
- 30 day supply of any needed medication (required)
Clothing and other necessities are provided: you do not need to bring them with you.