Family Support • Alateen • Problem Drinkers • 12 Step • Youth • Alcohol Use • Support Groups
Alateen is part of Al‑Anon Family Groups. Alateen is a fellowship of young Al-Anon members, usually teenagers, whose lives have been affected by someone else's drinking. Alateen groups are sponsored by Al-Anon members who help the group to stay on track. Alateens come together to:
- Share experiences, strength, and hope with each other
- Discuss difficulties
- Learn effective ways to cope with problems
- Encourage one another
- Help each other understand the principles of the Al-Anon program
- Learn how to use the Twelve Steps and Alateen's Twelve Traditions
- For teens between the ages of 13-18 who are, or have been, affected by someone else's drinking.
- This service is free
- Teens accepted
How to Apply
Locate a Alateen Meeting near you or sign up for an Alateen Chat Meeting. Individuals may also call the meeting referral line at 888-435-2666. Live operators are available Monday-Friday 7:00am-5:00pm.