Adult Protective Services • Hotline • Elder Abuse Reporting
Reporting suspected abuse, neglect or exploitation of people with disabilities ages 18-59 and seniors living in the community.
Anyone can report a case of abuse in good faith:
The Adult Protective Services Act provides that people – who in good faith report suspected abuse or cooperate with an investigation – are immune from criminal or civil liability or professional disciplinary action. It further provides that the identity of the reporter shall not be disclosed except with the written permission of the reporter or by order of a court. Anonymous reports are accepted.
All reports and records of the Adult Protective Services Program are subject to strict confidentiality provisions, except as provided by law or court order.
Learn more about mandated reporting.
- The reporter should be prepared to answer the following questions to the best of their ability...
- The alleged victim's name, address, telephone number, sex, age and general condition;
- The alleged abuser's name, sex, age, relationship to victim and condition;
- The circumstances which lead the reporter to believe that the older person is being abused, neglected or financially exploited, with as much specificity as possible;
- Whether the alleged victim is in immediate danger, the best time to contact the person, if he or she knows of the report, and if there is any danger to the worker going out to investigate;
- Whether the reporter believes the client could make a report themselves;
- The name, telephone number and profession of the reporter;
- The names of others with information about the situation;
- If the reporter is willing to be contacted again; and,
- Any other relevant information.
- This service is free
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Call 24 hours a day.
To report suspected abuse, financial exploitation or neglect of an older person, call the statewide, 24-hour Adult Protective Services Hotline: 1-866-800-1409, 1-888-206-1327 (TTY).
For residents who live in nursing facilities, call the Illinois Department of Public Health's Nursing Home Complaint Hotline: 1-800-252-4343.
For residents who live in Supportive Living Facilities (SLFs), call the Illinois Department of Healthcare and Family Services' SLF Complaint Hotline: 1-800-226-0768.