Mental Health • Behavioral Health • Counseling • Group Therapy
Thorek Memorial Hospital's 39-bed inpatient adult mental health unit offers comprehensive mental health treatment. Services are delivered by an interdisciplinary team in accordance with each patient's individualized treatment plan. Treatment plans address the patient’s immediate needs and establish goals for ongoing treatment. The treatment process includes individual, group and family therapies, along with various expressive and relaxation therapy programs. See the program brochure for more information.
- Chinese (Cantonese)
- Chinese (Mandarin)
- Interpreters Available
- Patients must pose a danger to self or others or be incapable of self-care.
- Primarily treats patients with the following diagnoses:
- Schizophrenic Disorders
- Schizo-Affective Disorder
- Bi-Polar Disorders
- Dissociative Disorders
- Acute Psychosis
- Dual Diagnoses
- Click here for a list of accepted insurance plans. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.
- Services provided on a sliding scale
- Medicaid accepted
- Medicare accepted
- Private insurance accepted
- Adults accepted
- Seniors accepted
How to Apply
Admissions are accepted 24/7. Patients are generally admitted through the emergency room after certification by an ER doctor. Referrals are also accepted. To refer a patient, call 773-975-6735 and provide:
- Photo ID
- Insurance information (if available)
There are generally beds available, but wait lists may apply.
Call 773-975-6736 for more information.